Friday, May 6, 2011

Lenorisms

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you. (originally posted on FB and transferred over here, no way to tag but if you would like to answer, feel free to do so in a comment below)

1. I was born in TX, raised in NJ, educated in upstate NY, married in FL, divorced in NYC and currently reside in PA.

2. I hate the cold weather and only live up here to be close to my family. I had a choice, live in paradise and visit family twice a year or live by family and visit paradise... family won... but i still bitch about the weather.

3. I can't cook. Well, I can cook. Any idiot can read instructions, use a microwave and sustain life. But i can't cook well. Not for lack of training, I just HATE doing it.

4. I am a soririty sister and will be until the day I die. It has made me the person I am today. Anyone who says i "paid for my friends" should be kicked in the teeth. No, I paid so non greeks like you could come to our parties and drink our free beer... idiot

5. I have a BA in Psychology and I currently work in Accounting. Explain that one...

6. I loved sky diving and para-sailing and want to try bungee jumping yet i'm terrified of heights... don't quite get that one either

7. I am VERY impatient. If i thought stomping my feet and screaming "NOW NOW NOW' would get me what I wanted even a minute sooner i would revert to a 2 year old in a heartbeat. (Luckily i know this doesn't work so you aren't likely to see me throwing a tantrum)

8. Without my contacts or glasses I must be about 5 inches from you to see clearly. I've been wearing glasses since the second grade.

9. I have a black thumb. If it doesn't meow, bark or cry I don't feed it. I've been told i could kill a plastic plant.

10. I have seen a dead body and stood outside of crime scene tape to talk to the cops. It was creepy and not a scene I care to re-live.

11. I have a bucket list. One of the things on it is "See the ball drop in Times Square live"

12. I have been married. I had an almost perfect wedding. If i could go back and do it again the only things I'd change about that day would be the DJ and the groom.

13. One of my biggest pet peeves is agressive drivers. What in the world makes you so damn important that you can drive up the shoulder and cut off a long line of cars just to save yourself what, two minutes?
*note, driving a loved one to the hospital is the only respectable answer to this question, then, and only then are you more important than the 35 other cars who have been in the correct lane since they saw the sign 2 miles back

14. I hate reality TV. Instead of watching someone else's life I think you should go out and life your own.

15. I can drive stick and ride a motorcycle. I want to know that wherever I am I will be able to get home. Getting in the car with a drunk driver because you can't "drive a stick" is a really dumb reason to die.

16. If I died tomorrow the only regret I'd have is that I was not able to become a mother. Otherwise, I'm happy with my choices and how my life has ended up.

17. I hate movies where someone gets left at the alter. Take Sweet Home Alabama for instance. That perfectly good, attractive, wealthy, sweet, sincere man gets left at the alter. Yes, we are happy that you are going back to your childhood sweetheart lady but what about the man standing in front of all of his friends and family devestated that the woman he wants to marry just turned and ran. That sucks, and if you do that to someone you suck. And i don't like watching movies with people who suck.

18. I knew someone who committed suicide. I knew someone who died before making it to high school. I know someone who has been raped. I know someone who became a parent before high school graduation. I know someone who spent time in prison. I know someone who has an STD. I know someone who cheated on thier spouse. I know someone who is gay. I know someone who had a close friend murdered. I know someone in the NYPD. I know someone who recently got back from Iraq. All of these people have made a difference in my life.

19. I am "too" nice but it's a habit i'm working on breaking.

20. In my group of friends i have two carpenters, two plumbers, two electricians, one handy man, one paver.... now all we need is Ty Pennington and the funds and we could be Exteme Makeover Home Edition Tri-State Area!

21. I am a sucker for flowers. Seriously, you can get yourself out of almost any fight with me if you buy me flowers.

22. I was an EMT. I rode ambulance for a summer, have seen several car wrecks and enough alcohol poisoning cases to last a lifetime. That said, i'm a sympathy puker. Hear it, see it, smell it and i'm going right after you. Makes for an interesting scene when the EMT has to wait outside for the patient to stop yacking.

23. I love taking pictures. I have hundreds of framed pictures all over my house. Those that are not framed are in carefully put together scrapbooks or albums. Those that have not made it that far are categorized in a box. Yup, i'm a bit OCD.

24. I recently had a miscarriage. I don't usually believe "everything happens for a reason" but this I do. If my body saw that my child would not survive and it took care of things on it's own then who am I to argue. Someday I will carry a child to term and will have what every parent wants, a happy, healthy newborn. That said it was a terrible and very painful experience and no, thanks for asking but I don't want to talk about it.

25. I have been a witness in a rape trial. I was on the jury for a medical malpractice suit. I will soon be sued for breach of contract. I'm not a big fan of the courtroom. It doesn't scare me but so far in my life, nothing good has ever come of it either...

No comments:

Post a Comment