Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wise People Wednesday

"Character is Who We Are When No One is Watching"
~Fred Nicklaus



I love this quote and believe it to be true. If you were walking with a bunch of people and watched someone drop a hundred dollar bill you'd more than likely tap that person on the shoulder and let them know that they dropped their money. Your friends were think you were sweet and tell others the story. Now back it up; no friends are with you and there would be no way to ever know if you waited and picked up that money... would you do it? I know I wouldn't.

The Dame tells an excellent story about what people do when they don't realize they are being watched. It's called "Right Now" and it's in her Nov 2007 archives.

And for those who are thinking it, I know, I know, I broke my promise. My willpower isn't as strong as I had hoped and I cheated on my "no soda" bet. I totally intend to come clean and buy her lunch but the reason for my lie is to keep her from smoking for as long as I can which I think is a far nobler cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment